Lee & Garasia, LLC
Se Habla Espanol
Tel: 732-516-1717
Toll Free: 888-404-5876
Experience, Accessibility, and Excellence
for Over 20 Years
“When it comes to immigration, I go to Paris and Angie–and trust me, I know a lot of lawyers all over the world.”–Renzo Gracie, Brazilian Jiujitsu and MMA Legend 
Read More
“Lee and Garasia are excellent lawyers, punctual and professional. They are dedicated to going above and beyond the usual level of service to meet your client’s needs. Their staff is very knowledgeable, friendly and polite. I would highly… recommend this firm to anyone.”
Read More
“I would definitely recommend Mr.Lee and Garasia as an immigration attorney because they did a great job with my case i.e. of Adjustment of Status (i-485). Mr. Lee helped us in each and every detailed information and prepared to the best of it. It was all well done and would like to appreciate.”
Read More
“I would like to thank my lawyer Mr Lee & Garasia and the staff for all immense help and patience throughout this entire process, I really appreciate your constant attention to my case, as well to my questions and my concerns. You’ve really made this process much more comprehensive to me, which I greatly appreciate.”
Read More
“Mr. Lee and Ms. Garasia did a great job with my renewal of my permanent residence application. They help prepare the paperwork with such a great attention to details and accuracy. I will recommend the law firm every time.”
Read More
“Mr. Lee did a great job with the renewal of my permanent residence application. My case was very time sensitive and they worked really fast on my case with great detail and accuracy. I will recommend the law firm every time.”
Read More
“I would recommend Attorney Paris Lee for anybody who needs immigration consultation. Mr. Lee is THE lawyer who respects and cares clients. Mr. Lee is professional and honest. Bottom line, preparation for the results and NO BS!”
Read More
“Stalin – Lee did a wonderful job, Got my wife her visa in one year. He is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him for all your immigration needs.”
Read More
“Hello. I appoint him as my immigration lawyer and that way he solved my cases was truly amazing. He was so honest and knowledgeable for his work. He solved my all family immigration issues and because of his effort we were able to get done our immigration work done successful. Thank you lee and garasia.”
Read More
“Lee & Garasia stand for accountability and responsibility. They are reliable, honest and are always constructively looking for a solution. A big thanks :)”
Read More

I-751 Application To Renew Green Card | Evidence for Married Couple

| Oct 12, 2016 | Green Cards

Unlike aliens accorded permanent residence without conditions, those who have been granted conditional two year green cards must file together with their spouses for the permanent “10 year green card.” (This term itself is a misnomer, as the status is indefinite; however, the card itself will expire in 10 years.) Despite its importance, the I-751 application process can appear deceptively simple. However, it would be a mistake to underestimate or downplay how critical this application is in a permanent resident’s life here. Denial of the application will, in most cases, automatically lead to the individual being placed into removal proceedings. Even in cases where there is no question that the marriage is a genuine one, an alien’s status may be jeopardized by failing to file the form correctly. Besides procedural errors, such as mailing to the wrong address, not enclosing the proper filing fee, or having only the immigrant sign the application, perhaps the biggest mistake that we have seen by people make doing these cases by themselves is failing to follow the instructions. The instructions are nearly as important as the form itself, given that USCIS explicitly advises the applicant what is expected. This is also reflected by the sheer length of pages: the actual application is 11 pages; the instructions are 10.

Many pro-se applicants fill out and file the application without attaching any documentary proof, the absence of which can be critical in determining whether the case is approved without incident or whether a Request for Evidence or Interview may be necessary. For Joint Requests, it is crucial for the applicant to compile and attach documentation that establishes the bona-fide nature of the marital relationship. USCIS will be evaluating the submission to determine whether the couple entered into the marriage for the right reasons, and not to “circumvent” the immigration laws. Typical proofs include but are certainly not limited to:

· Birth Certificates of children born during the time of marriage;

· Lease or mortgage contracts;

· Joint checking/savings accounts;

· Insurance policies;

· Joint tax returns;

· Joint utility bills;

· Affidavits from at least two individuals who know the couple and who can attest that the couple have a genuine marriage relationship.

If documentation is not attached with the actual form, USCIS may subsequently issue a Request for Evidence, requesting the above. This may result in the case being delayed, as the case may not be adjudicated unless and until a response is received. If the response is not satisfactory, USCIS may schedule the couple for an interview, or worse, possibly deny the case for insufficient proof.

The above is general information/opinion only and does not constitute legal advice. It is not intended to substitute for legal counsel nor does it create an attorney client relationship.

Findlaw Network