Lee & Garasia, LLC
Se Habla Espanol
Tel: 732-516-1717
Toll Free: 888-404-5876
Experience, Accessibility, and Excellence
for Over 20 Years
“When it comes to immigration, I go to Paris and Angie–and trust me, I know a lot of lawyers all over the world.”–Renzo Gracie, Brazilian Jiujitsu and MMA Legend 
Read More
“Lee and Garasia are excellent lawyers, punctual and professional. They are dedicated to going above and beyond the usual level of service to meet your client’s needs. Their staff is very knowledgeable, friendly and polite. I would highly… recommend this firm to anyone.”
Read More
“I would definitely recommend Mr.Lee and Garasia as an immigration attorney because they did a great job with my case i.e. of Adjustment of Status (i-485). Mr. Lee helped us in each and every detailed information and prepared to the best of it. It was all well done and would like to appreciate.”
Read More
“I would like to thank my lawyer Mr Lee & Garasia and the staff for all immense help and patience throughout this entire process, I really appreciate your constant attention to my case, as well to my questions and my concerns. You’ve really made this process much more comprehensive to me, which I greatly appreciate.”
Read More
“Mr. Lee and Ms. Garasia did a great job with my renewal of my permanent residence application. They help prepare the paperwork with such a great attention to details and accuracy. I will recommend the law firm every time.”
Read More
“Mr. Lee did a great job with the renewal of my permanent residence application. My case was very time sensitive and they worked really fast on my case with great detail and accuracy. I will recommend the law firm every time.”
Read More
“I would recommend Attorney Paris Lee for anybody who needs immigration consultation. Mr. Lee is THE lawyer who respects and cares clients. Mr. Lee is professional and honest. Bottom line, preparation for the results and NO BS!”
Read More
“Stalin – Lee did a wonderful job, Got my wife her visa in one year. He is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him for all your immigration needs.”
Read More
“Hello. I appoint him as my immigration lawyer and that way he solved my cases was truly amazing. He was so honest and knowledgeable for his work. He solved my all family immigration issues and because of his effort we were able to get done our immigration work done successful. Thank you lee and garasia.”
Read More
“Lee & Garasia stand for accountability and responsibility. They are reliable, honest and are always constructively looking for a solution. A big thanks :)”
Read More

Fiancé(e) Visa

If you are a United States Citizen, you may legally petition for your fiancé(e) living abroad. The fiancé(e) visa is also commonly known as the K-1 visa. With such a visa, your loved one will be able to enter the United States in order to legally marry you, after which he/she would then be eligible to file for permanent residence through the adjustment of status process. For couples who desire to marry within the United States as opposed to in a foreign country, this is definitely a visa to consider.

Some Basic Requirements

The K-1 petition is filed on Form I-129F and accompanied by Forms G-325A, photos, statements, filing fee, and the appropriate civil documents including birth certificates, any previous divorce decrees, death certificates (of previous spouses), and proof of U.S. citizenship if the petitioner is not a natural born citizen. In addition, the couple must legally establish:

  • That they are in a bona fide relationship, not entered into for immigration purposes or to evade the immigration laws
  • That they have met and seen each other within the past two years (subject to certain exceptions)
  • Are legally free to marry
  • Will marry within 90 days of the fiancé(e)’s arrival in the US

Benefits of Legal Representation

As New Jersey fiancé(e) attorneys who have handled these cases for over 17 years, we are familiar with and know what potential pitfalls to avoid that can complicate your matter. There is a big difference between knowing what is expected to be filed and putting together a great package that is approved without delay. In addition, we can help you evaluate whether the fiancé(e) visa is the best option or whether it makes more sense to file for a spouse visa. In certain cases, there are many legal issues that are not widely known regarding fiancé(e) visa petitions that could affect your case including compliance with the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act, also known as IMBRA. IMBRA filing limitations may apply if you have met your fiancé(e) through a marriage broker, previously filed for a K-1 visa for somebody, or been convicted of violent crimes. To schedule a consultation, please call our office or email us for more information.