Immigration Detention Centers In New Jersey
When the Department of Homeland Security takes an individual into custody within the State of New Jersey, the individual is taken and detained at one of six detention facilities, unless or until conditions of release can be arranged. The determination of where the person is detained is normally based on a number of factors including the existence of a person’s criminal record (or lack thereof).
The six facilities are:
- Bergen County Jail
160 South River Street
Hackensack, New Jersey 07601
- Delaney Hall Detention Facility
451 Doremus Avenue
Newark, NJ 07105
- Elizabeth Contract Detention Facility
625 Evans Street
Elizabeth, NJ 07201
- Essex County Correctional Facility
354 Doremus Avenue
Newark, NJ 07105
- Hudson County Correctional Facility
30-35 Hackensack Avenue
Kearny, NJ 07032
- Monmouth County Correctional Institution
1 Waterworks Road
Freehold, NJ 07728
Our Immigration Deportation Lawyers In New Jersey Can Help
Our office frequently appears and consults with immigration inmates at all of the ICE facilities in the New Jersey/New York area. There are several benefits to a jail visit/consultation, including:
- We can talk with the detainee and learn all the relevant history and circumstances.
- We may be able to look at and examine any paperwork in the detainee’s possession.
- Based on the individual’s circumstances, we can effectively evaluate the person’s immigration options and formulate a realistic strategy to get the person out, if legally permissible, or apply for relief from the Immigration Court.
For immediate legal assistance, call our firm at 732-516-0049 or email us to arrange to speak with our compassionate and skilled immigration defense attorneys.