Experience, Accessibility And Excellence For Over 25 Years

I-751 Waiver

Self-Petition For Green Card

Under the Marriage Fraud Amendments of 1986, a conditional green card holder must ordinarily file a joint petition with his/her U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident spouse to remove the conditions no earlier than 90 days before the second anniversary of permanent residence. Due to a number of circumstances, this may not always be possible. Fortunately, the law does recognize limited exceptions to the joint petition.

A conditional permanent resident may file an I-751 petition individually through a request of a waiver of the joint requirement. A waiver may be filed under one or more of the following conditions:

  • The couple entered into the marriage in good faith, but the marriage was terminated by divorce/death of the U.S. Citizen/LPR Spouse;
  • The applicant entered into the marriage in good faith, and that he/she was subjected to physical battery or extreme cruelty by the petitioning spouse;
  • The termination of your status and removal would result in extreme hardship.

Conditional Green Card Help In New Jersey

Our office can help you to determine whether you qualify for a waiver and what types of proof may be necessary to assemble. I-751 waivers are among some of the hardest petitions to get approved due to stringent legal criteria as well as inherent bias against applications that are not supported by husband and wife. Fortunately, our office has successfully filed and received approvals on precisely these types of cases. We have the necessary analytical, organizational and verbal skills that must go hand in hand with empathy and experience to effectively represent you.

Call our firm at 732-516-0049 today or contact us online for help.