Experience, Accessibility And Excellence For Over 25 Years

Temporary Visas

In addition to processing visa applications for permanent residence, our office also handles a wide array of temporary visa applications. (For a list of the more popular temporary visas out there, please see our Articles Section for more information.) While temporary visas are generally limited in duration and purpose, they are processed in a significantly shorter time than immigrant visas (which can take years) and are appropriate for those who do not intend on living here permanently or those coming to work temporarily in the U.S. to fill a short-term need. Our attorneys have handled a wide variety of temporary visas including but not limited to:

  • B-1/B-2 Visitor Visas
  • H-1B Specialist Visas
  • L-1 Intracompany Transferee Visas
  • O Visas for Individuals of Extraordinary Ability
  • P Visas for Artists, Entertainers and Athletes

If the individual is outside the United States, we can assist you in applying for his/her visa abroad with the U.S. Consulate in the person’s home country. If the person is already here in the United States, he/she may be eligible to extend their status in the same category, or in some cases, change status to a different category with different privileges. For example, a person may be here on a tourist visa with permission to stay here for six months. If a need arises for that person to stay beyond the six months, such as for unexpected medical or family circumstances, we may be able to secure an extension if an application is timely filed and supported with sufficient evidence.

While applying for these types of visas sounds simple in theory, there are a number of statutes, regulations, policy memoranda, as well as court decisions out there that affect how these applications are decided. It is not just a matter of reading the instructions on the form. For more than a decade, we have successfully procured visas for foreign national individuals as well as for companies in need of employing these individuals. For expert assistance in fulfilling your short-term immigration needs, contact our office.