New Jersey Criminal Defense Attorneys for Foreign Nationals
New Jersey Criminal Defense Lawyers for Immigrants and Nonimmigrants
If you or someone you know is not a United States Citizen and has been charged with a criminal offense, you may need the expertise of not only a criminal defense lawyer but an immigration lawyer as well. If you are unfortunate enough to find yourself in this situation, our firm can be of help. We practice what is commonly referred to today in the legal community as ” Crimmigration.” This field of practice is even more important, than ever before, in light of President Trump’s 2017 Executive Order “Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States.” According to the Order, enforcement guidelines will be re-prioritized to focus on removable aliens who:
- have been convicted of any criminal offense;
- have been charged with any criminal offense, where such charge has not been resolved;
- have committed acts that constitute a chargeable criminal offense;
- have engaged in fraud or willful misrepresentation in connection with any official matter or application before a governmental agency;
- have abused any program related to receipt of public benefits;
- are subject to a final order of removal, but who have not complied with their legal obligation to depart the United States; or
- in the judgement of an immigration officer, otherwise pose a risk to public safety or national security.
One of the firm’s Partners, Mr. Lee, is highly experienced in representing individuals accused of crimes, felonies and misdemeanors. Mr. Lee has over 20 years experience in the criminal law field and has represented numerous people charged with indictable as well as nonindictable crimes throughout New Jersey. If you are not a U.S. Citizen and have to appear in court, whether it be Superior or Municipal Court, the firm can fully represent you on the criminal charge and determine what type of disposition may affect your ability to stay here after the criminal case is over. If you already have a criminal defense attorney, we can work alongside him or her as immigration counsel to determine the collateral impact of the charge(s) and help fashion a disposition that minimizes any adverse immigration consequences. It is a tragic fact that many individuals have pled guilty in criminal court to offenses that have led directly to their deportation or removal. Don’t let this happen to you.
Attorney Paris Lee is highly experienced in municipal court and criminal defense law. He understands and is sensitive to how certain crimes and convictions can affect your immigration status. Moreover, he knows all the local practices and procedures that can affect the outcome of your case. If you are seeking an experienced, savvy criminal law attorney with a solid reputation, contact our firm today at 732-516-1717.
Experienced Municipal Court and Traffic Attorney
Not all criminal offenses are heard or disposed of in Superior Court. For most people, the only encounter they will have with the criminal justice system is an appearance in municipal court. However, there are several offenses in municipal court that not only carry potential jail sentences but also have potential immigration ramifications. Regardless of the charge or your immigration status, our office can represent you in any New Jersey municipal court to either get the charges dismissed, downgraded, or tried before a judge.
We represent citizens, immigrants and foreign nationals in municipal court for all types of matters including:
- All traffic violations
- Careless and Reckless Driving
- DWI/DUI defense
- Driving While Revoked or Suspended
- Misdemeanors and Disorderly Persons Offenses
- Unlicensed Driver
- No Insurance